Halloween Cookie Dough Cheese Ball Recipe
A great sale on cheese is just the reason I need to whip up a fun recipe for Halloween. I love cheese balls, but wanted to make one on the sweeter side. I was thinking about how the Kraft 2% Milk String Mozzarella Cheese Snacks reminded me of ghosts – so I invented a way to incorporate them as a topper to my Halloween Cookie Dough Cheese Ball recipe by sticking mini chocolate chips into the cheese for ghostly eyes and mouth. Adding the Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese adds a fun texture to the outside of the cheese ball, helps the pecans and candy stick better and adds a little contrast to the sweetness. Now this recipe has peanut butter and nuts in it, but because of the way the flavors balance each other it’s not overpoweringly nutty. My 9-year-old dislikes peanut butter and nuts, but he liked this dessert cheese ball.
Pin this recipe or print it!
- 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Kraft Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped candy-coated chocolate or peanut butter
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 Kraft 2% Milk String Mozzarella Cheese Snacks
- 1 drinking straw (to use as a support for string cheese Ghosts)
- Beat together in a medium bowl Philadelphia Cream Cheese and peanut butter until well mixed
- Beat in powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract
- Stir in miniature chocolate chips with a spoon (save a few for the string cheese ghosts)
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Use plastic food-handling gloves to shape chilled dough into a large ball. Wrap cheese ball with with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- Stir together Kraft Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, candy and pecans and place on a large plate
- Roll cheese ball in the cheese/candy/nut coating pressing it into the ball until completely covered
- Cut Kraft 2% Milk String Mozzarella Cheese Snacks into three different lengths for Ghosts
- Press in chocolate chip eyes and mouth to create Ghosts
- Stick short straw into Ghost then stick straw into cheese ball to create trio of Ghosts on top of cheese ball
- Serve with small cookies like vanilla wafers and gingersnaps
You’ll love the current Hot Deals, sorry you missed this deal. Wow! Don’t miss Kraft Foods Cheese on sale 5 for $10 at Target starting Sunday, September 14 and running thru Saturday, September 20. Pick any five cheese products included in this sale and you pay only $10.00 (for a deal price of $2.00 per package). Such a great deal since the regular price at my Target is $2.89 – so this sale gives you a savings of 30% off the regular price. This Target Weekly Wow includes Kraft Cheese 6 to 8 oz. shredded, 10.7 to 16 oz. singles, 7 to 12 oz. snacking and 7 or 8 oz. deli-sliced or block cheese. Look on page 5 of your weekly Target ad for all the details and to add this cheese deal to your Quick List. That’s a lot of cheesy goodness on sale! See what I created below using Kraft Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Kraft 2% Milk String Mozzarella Cheese Snacks – it’s a dessert cheese ball that everyone will want to dive into!
Visit your local Target to take advantage of the Weekly Wow promotion featuring Kraft Cheese products! From 9/14 through 9/20, buy any 5 Kraft Cheese products for $10.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine. Please visit my Disclosure Policy.