Need a freebie that will help you eat your veggies? Jenna atFood With Kid Appealis giving away a cookbook making veggies the star of the show. Sometimes we embark on something healthy like “eat more veggies’ but then we don’t know how to get them on the table. Jill Nussinow’s cookbook Vegetables Get The Royal Treatment is not just for vegetarians; you’ll find veggie side dishes, loads of unique grain and veggie salads (why not add “eat more whole grains” to the how to get healthy list), as well as veggie recipes with various meat substitutes.
This cookbook is perfect as a gift or for yourself if:
- You’re tired of the same old steamed veggies on the side of the plate.
- You want to eat more veggies, but you’re not sure how to prepare them
- You have a garden and need ideas for how to use up all your herbs, squash, and tomatoes.
- You’re on the Meatless Monday bandwagon and don’t know what else to serve.
- You frequent the Farmer’s Market and need inspiration for your seasonal fresh produce
- You get a CSA or veggie share and you’re not sure what to do with arugula, beets, turnips and all that squash.
To win, comment on this post and let Jenna know what your favorite veggie is. Contest ends August 16th at midnight (CT). Comments must be left here at Food with Kid Appeal. Comments left at Freebies 4 Mom will not be included in the virtual hat for this giveaway.
AtFood with Kid Appeal, Jenna blogs about healthy food that appeals to kids and offers suggestions to parents of picky eaters to help their kids overcome food aversions and try new food. It’s an excellent resource for all parents.
329 total views