Do you have a gourmet whipped cream canister similar to the one shown in the photo above? If you do, stop using it and dispose of it, because it can be very dangerous.
It came to my attention because a bizarre headline caught my attention in the news: “Fitness model dies in freak kitchen accident” A whipped cream canister exploded and hit her in the thorax causing cardiac arrest which she dies of. When I looked at the photo I realized that I had this gourmet whipped cream canister in my kitchen – and so did my mom!
I couldn’t find any official recalls, but according to the news article, these do-it-yourself whipped cream canisters “rely on gas capsules to pressurize a metal container canister, which creates the whipped cream. Under some circumstances, those capsules can be expelled like a bullet at high speed.” So basically they are dangerous and you should not use them!
This is the first death attributed to their use, but many injuries have been reported. They have been sold under several brands – mine was from Illy and the one in the news was from Chantilly. Please help spread the word and tell your family and friends about this recall!
What my mom & I both had in our kitchen that could KILLhttps://t.co/O40B496iqD
— Freebies 4 Mom (@Freebies4Mom) June 23, 2017
1,612 total views