Have your kids watched the Disney movie Monsters University? I held a Monsters University viewing party for my kids last Friday night and I made them a healthy snack Monsters University Fruit Cookie to gobble up during the movie. You should look for the Monsters University Blu-Ray and DVD and Infinity Mike figure gift set at Walmart because I found it on sale for a great price. Before I went shopping, I told my kids about the party I was planning for them and asked them which Monsters University characters were their favorite? Even though they haven’t seen the movie, they know most of the characters because we’ve been reading about it and playing games featuring the characters.
My favorite character is Dean Hardscrabble because she knows how to make a memorable entrance. My 6-year-old’s favorite character is Art because he looks and acts goofy. My 8-year-old’s favorite character is Mike Wazowski because he’s the main character and is very likable. Who is your favorite character? Don’t forget to ask your kids too!
We are usually taking photos of our kids smiling – but have you ever asked them to make a scary face so you could take a photo of it? I think you might be surprised (and highly amused) at the scary faces your kids come up with! And it’s fun to preserve those scary faces by taking a photo!
We can never fit enough fruit into our diet, so I like to serve fruit as both a snack and a dessert. I wanted to create a healthy snack that my kids would be excited about, so I used a Golden Delicious Apple slice as my “cookie” and then created a fruit-version of Mike Wazowski out of kiwi, blueberries, and petite table grapes. I used white cream cheese and blueberry cream cheese as “glue” to hold the blueberry and petite table grapes in place. I was going to use blueberries for Mike’s blue hat, but the fresh blueberries at Walmart were giant Texas blueberries so I thought the petite table grapes would work better to create the profile of the blue hat.
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple
- 1 Kiwi
- Fresh Blueberries
- Petite Table Grapes
- Cream Cheese
- Blueberry Cream Cheese
- Slice the Golden Delicious Apple and select 4 slices from the middle as your "cookies" (carefully cut out any seeds in the center)
- Slice the Kiwi and select 4 slices from the middle as Mike's head.
- Put a small amount of cream cheese in a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Squeeze out a dot of cream cheese onto the apple slice to glue the kiwi slice to the middle of the apple slice. Squeeze out enough cream cheese onto the kiwi slice to make Mike's eye and place a blueberry in the middle of it.
- Put a small amount of blueberry cream cheese in a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze out blueberry cream cheese in the shape of Mike's hat on top of Mike's kiwi head.
- Place petite table grapes on the blueberry cream cheese to complete Mike's hat.
This post is sponsored by Collective Bias®. My opinions are my own and they are not edited by Collective Bias®. Please visit my Disclosure Policy.
Recipe originally published on November 4, 2013.