Summertime brings entertaining friends and family and foods on the lighter side! I made Caprese Salad on gluten free crackers that I bought at Target. The fresh taste is truly a treat on a hot summer day, and it’s a bit of a surprise to guests to see salad served on crackers!
Caprese salad is simple to make using only a few ingredients. I loved using it as a topping for my gluten free crackers. You will need to reduce balsamic vinegar on the stove top which takes a little time, but the taste results are so worth it! See my recipe below so you can make it for your family and friends!
Caprese Salad on Gluten Free Crackers
Gluten Free Crackers
fresh mozzarella ball
salt & pepper
1. In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the balsamic vinegar until it boils. Reduce heat so it simmers and condenses into a thick syrup.
2. Slice fresh mozzarella and place on Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Crackers
3. Slice roma tomatoes and place on top of mozzarella
4. Select the smallest leaves of fresh basil to place on top of tomato
5. Drizzle a little reduced balsamic vinegar over the top
6. Lightly sprinkle with salt & pepper
Now you’ve got a fresh and unique appetizer to serve guests for your summer get togethers! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s® Foods. The opinions and text are all mine. Please read my Disclosure Policy.
Originally published June 17, 2016.
3,832 total views