Do you need new quick dinner recipes? Have you tried a Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter? I’ve got a quick recipe for Lemon Pepper Shrimp Stuffed Peppers for you to try. The reason I love using a Sauté Express® Sauté Starter is that it adds tremendous flavor to a dish without using a heavy sauce. It definitely helps speed up dinner preparations and it takes the intimidation out of preparing a gourmet-tasting meal.
It’s super easy to prepare green peppers for stuffing. You just cut the top off then remove the seeds. Because the seeds are tiny, I rinse my peppers to remove any stubborn seeds sticking in the folds of the pepper. Using a green bell pepper as your “cup” for the shrimp and rice is a fun way to serve it, adds more flavor to the rice, and as a bonus you can eat the pepper too! My kids opted out of eating the pepper, but they thought it was so much fun using the pepper as their “cup”.
The Lemon Pepper Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter makes it so easy to saute the frozen shrimp, add frozen peas, and add cooked rice. I find that the less ingredients in a recipe, the more likely I’ll be successful in getting it from freezer or fridge to the table quickly. All moms have busy schedules, so it really makes a difference to have quick dinner recipes up your sleeves.
- 2 squares of Lemon Pepper Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- 4 Green Bell Peppers
- 12 oz. Frozen Shrimp (small, raw, peeled, deveined, tail-off)
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- 2 cups White rice (cooked)
- Parmesan (grated, use as garnish or mix into rice)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Melt the Lemon Pepper squares in a saute pan over medium heat
- While you're waiting for it to melt, carefully slice the tops of the green bell peppers off and remove the seeds. Rinse with water to remove any remaining seeds. Place the peppers in an oven-safe baking dish.
- Saute the frozen shrimp in the Lemon Pepper until the shrimp is cooked (and turns pink)
- Add the frozen peas and saute for a few minutes
- Add the white rice (cook it ahead or buy heat & serve rice). Add parmesan if desired, or save it to garnish with.
- Stuff the four green bell peppers with the shrimp & rice. Don't overstuff them, just set aside any leftover stuffing.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving and garnish with parmesan if you'd like.
For more recipes you should follow @LandOLakesKtchn on Twitter. Be inspired by scrumptious photos when you follow LandOLakesKtchn on Instagram. Find out about new products and promotions when you “Like” Land O’Lakes on Facebook.
This post is sponsored by Collective Bias®. My opinions are my own and they are not edited by Collective Bias®. Please visit my Disclosure Policy.
Recipe originally published October 14, 2013.