USA Today and the Smithsonian Institution have partnered to create a free summer road trip themed at-home activity guide. Inside the guide, you will find games, puzzles, recipes and other activities including features about items in the Smithsonian’s collection. This guide is primarily for students ages 6-12 but fun for anyone!
Some of the interactive and educational features:
- Learn about a biplane from the National Air & Space Museum, then make your own from a paper towel roll and other household items.
- Cook Louisiana-inspired red beans and rice from the National Museum of American History’s recipe collection.
- Read about migratory birds from the National Museum of Natural History – and build your own binoculars.
- Unscramble letters to learn about marshland creatures.
- Document the journey with a postcard to a friend and design the stamp.
Thanks goes to Mary for sharing!
Get more freebies when you sign-up for daily emails!