Have you ever stood in front of the olive oil section at the grocery store and felt totally overwhelmed with the number of olive oil choices? Me too! Luckily STAR Usage Pairing Extra Virgin Olive Oils came to my rescue when I was shopping at Walmart for olive oil to use with salmon. This new product line of STAR Olive Oil is special because they tell you exactly what type of dish pairs best with the olive oil. I used Hojiblanca for poultry and fish, but there is also Arbequina for vegetables and Picual for beef and lamb. I love the way these olive oils are labeled because it’s like a cheat sheet for casual cooks like me. Look for them in the Baking Aisle at Walmart.
Print a coupon to Save $1.00 on STAR Usage Pairing Extra Virgin Olive Oils to use on your next grocery store trip. Saving money is nice, but winning free products is even better! You should enter the STAR Fine Foods Sweepstakes on their Facebook page for a chance to win a set of all three STAR Usage Pairing Extra Virgin Olive Oils. This sweepstakes started Nov. 11 and will end on Dec. 20.
I love eating salmon, but I’ll admit that I’m not the best at cooking it. My Salmon with Rosemary Olive Oil recipe has renewed my confidence in my ability to prepare a mouth-watering salmon meal. This dish is all about the olive oil because as you bake it that olive oil is infusing rosemary into the salmon and potatoes. You’ll end up with succulent salmon that you can’t stop eating. Which is not a problem at all because salmon is healthy for you! This is a one-dish meal that’s easy to throw together then bake. I used a round casserole dish lined with aluminum foil. I wrapped everything tightly with foil so that the moisture in the ingredients would help the potatoes bake and keep the salmon moist while infusing everything in rosemary.
- ⅓ cup STAR Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Poultry/Fish
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 10 small red potatoes
- garlic cloves
- rosemary sprigs (fresh)
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a baking dish by lining with foil and leaving enough so that you can cover and seal the dish tightly.
- Slice the lime in half and then make two thin slices to place on top of salmon.
- Combine olive oil, crushed rosemary, juice of the remaining lime, salt and pepper in a container with a lid and shake to mix.
- Place salmon fillets in the foil-lined dish and drizzle about half of the olive oil mixture you just made over them.
- Place the small red potatoes around the salmon. If you can't close your fingers around a potato held in your palm, then you need to slice the potatoes in half.
- Add garlic cloves (just for flavor, they'll be too crunchy to eat).
- Top with lime slices on the salmon and rosemary sprigs on everything then drizzle olive oil mixture over everything.
- Close foil over ingredients and tightly seal.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Remove carefully from oven and serve immediately. Use the rosemary sprigs as garnish.
This post is sponsored by Collective Bias® and I received compensation for it. My opinions are my own and they are not edited by Collective Bias®. Please visit my Disclosure Policy.