I made these Strawberry Pistachio Cupcakes as a fun spring treat! I made this treat easy to make by using cake mixes and Wilton decorating supplies. The PEEPS® look like they want to sit in a nest, so I made a nest with some blue and green edible Easter grass. I’d love for you to Pin It to your Easter or Recipe board! Here’s how I made these cupcakes:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Pistachio Instant Pudding (3.4 oz)
- Water (as needed for 2 boxes of cake mix)
- Oil (as needed for 2 boxes of cake mix)
- Eggs (as needed for 2 boxes of cake mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two cupcake pans with no-stick cooking spray with flour.
- Follow cake mix directions to prepare Yellow Cake Mix in one bowl and Strawberry Cake Mix in a second bowl.
- Pour half of the Yellow Cake Mix into a third bowl.
- Beat in the Pistachio Instant Pudding into the third bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls of cake batter into the cupcake pans, alternating between the three flavors.
- Bake for time indicated on the cake mix directions.
- Cool then decorate.
I used Wilton products to help me decorate my Strawberry Pistachio Cupcakes. I used edible Easter grass for the PEEPS® to nest in. I used a Wilton 1M decorating tip to apply green and pink frosting to my cupcakes. It was my first time to use the Wilton Royal Icing Mix and Wilton Icing Colors and I loved that the icing dries hard and it’s easy to get just the right color using the concentrated gel colors.
My photo below shows how I spooned each of the three cake mixes into the cupcake pan to achieve the marbled cupcake above. Next time I won’t fill the cupcake pan as full with batter because my cupcake tops baked right into each other. I didn’t use baking cups in my Wilton cupcake pan because they release so easily after baking it’s just not needed! But I did put my cupcakes in pink and green baking cups after I baked them so I’d get a pretty contrast to the Wilton Cupcake Wraps that look like white picket fences.
What types of #PeepsTreats are you making?