I know you’ll love my recipe for Coconutty Cocoa Puffs Bars made with Cocoa Puffs cereal from Walmart. It’s an easy recipe to make with your kids to make memories in the kitchen! Please visit QueRicaVida for more kid-friendly recipes using General Mills cereals. Your kids are going to love their treat made from their favorite cereal!
Shop at Walmart for Cocoa Puffs cereal in the Creal aisle. I picked up the Family Size at my Walmart so that it will last longer in our household of four (including two growing boys). Plus the Family Size is a better value for your money and Walmart has it at an everyday low price.
I have fond memories of cooking with my mom when I was a kid, and I hope to make similar memories with my children. But it’s not just about making memories, it’s about teaching kids how to measure, how to follow recipe directions, and how to use all the tools and appliances in the kitchen. My oldest son and I had a lot of fun making this stovetop recipe and he did most of the work while I supervised. He’s having so much fun he doesn’t even know he’s learning valuable life skills that will serve him when he heads off to college.
We live in Houston where it gets really hot in the summer, so a no-bake treat like my Coconutty Coca Puffs Bars is perfect for those hot summer days. I love that it just involves melting ingredients on the stovetop then sticking everything in the refrigerator. You can’t get much easier than that!
Here’s a closeup of these delicious bars. I added coconut to the top because I love the flavor and texture it adds. When you look at them the first thing you think is “chocolate” but it’s really almond butter mixed with unsweetened cacao powder.
Here’s my recipe to print and try at your house:
- 3 cups Cocoa Puffs cereal
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup crunchy almond butter (or peanut butter)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- non-stick spray
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, add the agave syrup, coconut oil, almond butter, salt and cacao powder
- Mix together all ingredients until melted
- Add in Cocoa Puffs cereal and mix with a spatula until all cereal is evenly coated
- Scoop out the hot mixture carefully onto a wax-lined 9x13 sheet pan that you sprayed with non-stick spray (to keep bars from sticking to the was paper). Use a spatula to press it down for an even thickness.
- Cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares with a pizza cutter or a knife. Store extra bars in the refrigerator.
Discover more delicious kid-friendly recipes made with your favorite cereals and go follow the Cereal Recipes board.
Which recipe would you love to make with Cocoa Puffs?
I’d love your support on Facebook and Twitter!
Can I get a retweet of my recipe please?
— Freebies 4 Mom (@Freebies4Mom) April 21, 2016
Please “share” my recipe on Facebook and you’ll have my gratitude!
I received compensation from Acorn in partnership with General Mills for this post. My opinion is my own and not edited by Acorn, please read my Disclosure Policy.