The beauty of this Iced Pumpkin Spiced Tea Latte recipe is that you can use any spice or chai tea bags that you have! Pin it to your Halloween, Pumpkin, or Drinks board to find it quickly later. They key is to make a tea concentrate that would be even more delicious by adding canned pumpkin. Now I happened to have a Pumpkin Spice Tea in my pantry, but I know that this recipe would be delicious with a wide variety of spice and chai teas. This drink is a fun “tea alternative” to an iced latte made with espresso. Use your favorite type of milk – mine is Almond Milk! I was also looking for a way to use my canned pumpkin after I made my Orangey Pumpkin Muffins. Of course my kids are begging me to make more muffins, but sometimes I need to make a treat that’s just for me!
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 spice or chai tea bags
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping spoonful of canned pumpkin
- Ice Cubes
- Whip Cream & Cherry for top (optional)
- Make your tea concentrate ahead of time by steeping 2 tea bags in 1 cup of hot water. Let the tea concentrate cool on the counter then add your spoonful of canned pumpkin and cinnamon. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill your glass with ice then pour milk to about halfway.
- Shake the tea concentrate until well mixed then add it to the glass until the glass is full.
- Top with whip cream and a cherry if you'd like!
What are you doing with your leftover canned pumpkin?